Building a knowledge graph is a personalised process that will look different for each company or individual, but here are the basic steps:
- Decide what domain of knowledge your graph will cover.
- Gather available data from existing sources, your own or external.
- Plan your ontology (I.e. the shape and structure of your graph).
- Map your data into the graph (this may involve reformatting or simply importing it to the graph).
- Use semantic reasoning to expand your knowledge graph with new conclusions.
- You’re done! Integrate the complete knowledge graph into your business tools and utilise the amazing power of what you’ve worked so hard to produce!
Why use a knowledge graph?
How to query a graph database?