Last updated: 10 May 2019
WHO WE ARE
We are Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited, a limited company (registered with number 10531895).
Our registered address is Units 1&2 Field View, Baynards Green Business Centre, Baynards Green, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX27 7SG.
Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited is the controller and is responsible for this website.
The Company’s General Counsel, Mary Catherine DiNunzio, is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Mary Catherine by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO YOU USE MY DATA?
When you sign up to our services
When you inquire about or license our software or where we provide you with support services, we will use your personal information to process your order and provide you with the service. The details we collect from you include your user name, job title, email address and company name/academic institution.
To complete your order, we share your personal information with our employees and subcontractors who are involved in the order process who we use to assess fraud and/or security risks.
We need to process your personal information in this way to process your order and provide the services.
When you use our software
In order to deliver the software and the services to you, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in maintaining your personally identifiable information, tracking usage of our website and providing our email service. We need to process your personal information in this way in order to provide the services.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
When you email us
When you contact us by email with general queries we may also handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services you have asked us to. This could be when you ask us to provide more information about our software, or to explain how our pricing structure works. We may store these chats for a period of two years.
We rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
When you have expressed an interest in our services
This section applies if you have opted-in to receive marketing communications from us, or have previously expressed an interest in our services and not opted out.
We will handle your personal information (such as your name, email address, job position, company name, address and telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you marketing emails because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
If you have not opted-in and we send you marketing emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote the success of Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited.
Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us using your information in this way by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every marketing communication you receive from us.
If our business is sold
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
· if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the buyer (but only to the extent we need to, and always in accordance with data protection legislation); or
· if Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited or the majority of its assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by Oxford Semantic Technologies will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
WHAT ABOUT TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS?
Information we collect about you: When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources: We are also working closely with third party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you. We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We only use (and store) non-essential cookies on your computer's browser or hard drive if you provide your consent.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We are based within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
· by transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
· by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has within the EEA;
· where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or business requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information:
· when we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do you use my data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
· for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various rights when it comes to how Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited handles your personal data. These rights are set out fully here. These include rights to:
· Access personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
· Correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
· Ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
· Ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
· Ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
· Object to how we are using your personal data; and
· Withdraw your consent to Oxford Semantic Technologies Limited handling your personal data.
Privacy law is often complicated, and whether these rights are available to you sometimes depends on the personal data we are handling. If you would like information about how to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITES WE LINK TO?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our services, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU WITH FEEDBACK?